Thursday 2 October 2014

Of Mice & Men Prep



Song listening exercise 1

There is a ___________ built out of __________
Wooden _____________, walls and window sills
Tables and chairs __________ by all of the _________
This is a place where I don't feel alone
This is a place where I __________ at home.

And I _________ a __________
for you
for me

Until it __________________.
from me
from you

And now, it's time to ____________and turn to dust........

Out in the garden where we _______________ the seeds
There is a ________ as old as me
_____________ were sewn by the color of _________
Ground had arose and ____________ its knees

By the cracks of the skin I _____________ to the top
I _____________ the tree to see the world
When the __________ came around to _________ me _________.
Held on as _____________ as you held onto me
Held on as _____________ as you held onto me......

And I ___________ a ___________
for you
for me

Until it ______________
from me
from you

And now, it's time to _________ and turn to dust___________.


















Song listening exercise 2

They used to tell me I was _______ a ________.
And so I followed the mob
When there was _______ to plow or ______ to bear
I was always there, right on the job
They used to tell me I was ________ a _______.
With peace and glory ahead
Why should I be ___________ in line
Just _________ for bread?
Once I _______ a railroad, I made it run
Made it race against time
Once I built a ________, now it's done
Brother, can you ________ a ______?
Once I built a __________ up to the sun
__________ and rivet and lime
Once I built a _________, now it's done
Brother, can you _________ a _______?
Once in khaki suits, gee, we looked swell
Full of that Yankee Doodly Dum
Half a million _________ went ___________ through Hell
And I was the kid with the drum
Say, don't you ________________? They called me 'Al'
It was 'Al' all the time
Why don't you r__________? I'm your pal
Say buddy, can you _________ a ________?
Once in khaki suits, ah, gee, we looked swell
Full of that Yankee Doodly Dum
Half a million ______ went _________ through Hell
And I was the kid with the drum
Oh, say, don't you remember? They called me 'Al'
It was 'Al' all the time
Say, don't you remember? I'm your pal
Buddy, can you ________ a ________?







No comments:

Post a Comment